Saturday, October 1, 2016

Book Review: Archangel's Heart, Nalini Singh

Another story by Nalini Singh that I couldn't put down, totally wrecking any idea of sleep. And then, I was crushed when it was over. So, it's the best kind of book, where you feel as if you're a part of that world, know the characters, and care about their stories. Seeing Elena grow into her powers and her consort role, then discovering so much of her origins, made this a wonderful addition to the Archangel series. Without going into spoilers, the revelations about her mother's family brought another layer of depth to an already well-rounded character.

The interactions between members of the Cadre provide yet more insight into how the Cascade is affecting the relationships. Adding the Luminata into the mix provided the opportunity to see the Cadre in new ways.

I did feel that the final wrap up was a little short. A little more about how the situation was handled in China would have balanced the ending a bit. But, that feeling also might have something to do with me wishing the book wouldn't end.

No comments: